Working with Trauma: Clinical, Legal, and Ethical Considerations
1. Describe the added impact of trauma on several common clinical and ethical situations.
2. List three ways that history of trauma exposure could impact clinical work with children and adolescents.
3. List three ways that history of trauma exposure could impact clinical work with adults.
4. Identify common factors that increase risk of legal or disciplinary involvement when working with traumatized patients/clients.
5. Explain strategies for addressing and minimizing risk when working in integrated care settings.
6. Recognize the impact of vicarious traumatization and the importance of self-care.
Zelechoski, Amanda D., "Working with Trauma: Clinical, Legal, and Ethical Considerations" (2019). Psychology Faculty Presentations. 1.